A 30-second read by the Baron Team: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides some useful tips to avoid Coronavirus-related scams, including testing and vaccine scams:
- Testing Scams
- Know the difference between a real contract tracer and a scammer: Legitimate tracers only need health information, not money or other financial information.
- Be wary of test kits: Many test kits that you see advertised are not FDA-approved and therefore may not be accurate.
- Vaccine Scams
- To avoid a scam, know that no one will contact you about your vaccine and request personally identifiable information (PII) or money.
- Emails from the CDC or WHO:
- Watch out for emails claiming to be from CDC or WHO. For information, go to websites such as coronavirus.gov and usa.gov/coronavirus.
- Additional resources from the FTC:
If you have any questions about this article or would like to learn more, feel free to contact your Baron Team.