Below are some tips highlighted in the Medicare.gov “Tips to prevent fraud” article:
- Protect your Medicare number and Social security number, as well as your Medicare card similarly to your credit card
- Educate yourself about Medicare including what your rights are
- When you go to appointments or tests, keep a record of all services and dates in order to check them against your Medicare statement and make sure it matches
- Ask questions about your medical care and the costs billed to Medicare
- Don't accept medical supplies from a door-to-door salesman. If someone comes to your door and says they are from Medicare or Medicaid, know that Medicare and Medicaid don’t send representatives to your home to sell products or services
- Keep your medical records private – don’t let others besides your doctors or Medicare providers look at your medical history. Also, don’t let others recommend care or services you don’t need
For more tips, click here to link to the Medicare.gov article.
For 2019 coverage, open enrollment will run from October 15, 2018, to December 7, 2018. During the annual enrollment period (AEP) you can make changes to various aspects of your coverage.
For any further questions, please contact the Baron team.