Professor Laura Mattia, MBA, CFP®, CRPS®, CDFA™ and PhD Candidate, taught classes for pre-retirees and the newly retired at The Ridgewood Public Library in Ridgewood, NJ and at Montclair State University, Montclair, NJ in March.
The comprehensive course helped attendees learn:
- What should I do now to give me the best chance to attain my goals in the future?
- How do I protect my savings while enjoying my retirement?
- Are there things that I should know about Social Security and Health Care?
- How can I get the most out of my 401(k), IRA or other retirement plan?
- How do I best plan for all possibilities and even end of life decisions so that I make the best choice for myself and my family?
The course outline included:
- Lifestyle Planning in Retirement
- Income Sources in Retirement
- Investment Planning for and in Retirement
- Health Care Planning for Retirement
- Estate Planning for You and Your Family
The 3 hour class (taught in 2 sessions at the Ridgewood Library) will be held again in the fall. The Montclair University class was held in conjunction with the Planned Giving Advisory Council of Montclair State University. Alumni and staff from MSU were invited to attend. Attendees received a comprehensive workbook that enhanced the classroom presentation. Contact Baron Financial Group if you are interested in attending future classes. A nominal fee was charged to cover the cost of the workbook.