Welcome to a selection of our financial education offerings
Seminars recently at locations in Bergen, Passaic and Morris Counties
ABC News Columns: Financially Empowering Women™ by Laura Mattia
Articles of Interest
- Lofty Goals, Limited Means -- Finding Ways to Boost Your Investments
- Midlife Investing -- Make the Most of Your Asset-Building Years
- Plan Ahead for the Holiday Budget Crunch
- Make Philanthropy an Important Part of Your Estate Plan
- Aggressive Growth for Aggressive Goals
- Working with a Financial Professional
- The Basics of Long-Term Care Insurance
- Financial Planning for Same Sex Couples
- Boomers View Retirement as a Time of Reinvention -- and Much Uncertainty
- Tactical Asset Allocation: Fine Tuning a Longer-Term Strategy
- Working Past Your Normal Retirement Age
- Understanding Correlation
- Sector Funds: Are They Worth a Look?
- Marriage and Money: Finding a Happy Balance
- High-Yield Bonds: Income Potential at a Price
- Why Diversification Matters
- Stretch IRA: A Handy Estate-Planning Tool
- Weaving Spiders and Other Exchange-Traded Funds Into Your Investment Net
- Three Steps to Help Reduce Debt
- Tips for Finding Bargain Stocks
- Does Your Portfolio Reflect Your Risk Tolerance?
- Expand Your Investment Horizon With Foreign Bonds
- Understanding Mutual Fund Categories
- Get Ready for Your Year-End Review
- Life Insurance -- Can You Afford Not to Have Enough?
- How Can I Reduce My Credit Card Debt?
- How Much Health Insurance Do I Need?
Baron Financial Web Casts
- "Estate Planning is for Everyone,"
on the Equity Trust Professional Network
- "Fraud: you may be a target ... You Don't Have to be a Victim"
- "It's a New Year. Now What? Get Your Finances in Order"
Interviews with Baron Financial Advisors
- "Financial Planning," with Judith West on "Getting Your Money's Worth", July 12, 2009
- "Picking a Financial Advisor" with Eric Landskroner on the News 12 New Jersey's "It's Your Money" series
- "529 Plans for College" with Tom Layson on the News 12 New Jersey's "It's Your Money" series
- "Fee-only Financial Advisors" with Tom Layson on the News 12 New Jersey's "It's Your Money" series
- "Comparing Financial Advisors with Stock Brokers" with Tom Layson on the News 12 New Jersey's "It's Your Money" series
- "Comparing Managed Portfolios with Index Funds" with Tom Layson on the News 12 New Jersey's "It's Your Money" series
Print articles with Baron Financial Advisors
- "Financial Fitness," an article with Laura Mattia and Kristen Totaro, the Area Director of Mountain Lakes Living magazine.
- "A Firm Belief in Fee-Only Financial Planning," with Joan Verdon, The Record, May 16, 2010
- "Money Matters (a Special Report): Family Monday," with James Shagawatt, The Wall Street Journal, December 2, 2008